MSc. Alejandro L. Perdomo Aguilera
Alejandro L. Perdomo Aguilera (1985). Se graduó de Licenciado en Historia en la Universidad de La Habana, en 2009 con título de Oro;
Realizó su Maestría de Relaciones Internacionales del Instituto de Relaciones Internacionales “Raúl Roa González” (ISRI) de la edición de 2011
Es investigador del centro de Investigaciones de Política Internacional de Cuba y en este momento se desempeña como Fellow Researcher del Center for Latin American and Latino Studies en American University, en Washington DC.
Además ha cursado varios postgrados en la Maestría de Historia Contemporánea y Relaciones Internacionales de la Facultad de Filosofía e Historia de la Universidad de La Habana. También ha realizado varios postgrados en la Facultad de Derecho, en la Facultad de Comunicación Social y en la Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO), de la Universidad de La Habana. Tiene un diplomado sobre “Introducción al Derecho Estadounidense, las instituciones legales de los Estados Unidos y la tradición del common law”, organizado por la Unión Nacional de Juristas de Cuba, la Facultad de Derecho de la Universidad de La Habana y la Universidad de Pensylvania. También posee un Diplomado sobre Periodismo Digital organizado por el Instituto Internacional de Periodismo José Martí y la Facultad de Periodismo de la Universidad de La Habana.
Ha publicado varios artículos y ensayos en la esfera de las relaciones Internacionales sobre temas de seguridad, tráfico ilícito de drogas y otros delitos conexos, relacionados con la política exterior y de seguridad de Estados Unidos hacia América Latina y el Caribe. Es experto en temas política exterior y de seguridad, las relaciones internacionales y, e particular, relaciones entre Cuba y Estados Unidos. Fue investigador del Centro de Estudios sobre América (CEA) de 2009 a 2010; trabaja en el Centro de Investigaciones de Política Internacional (CIPI), desde el año 2010.
Summary of curriculum vitae in English
He graduated BA in History at the University of Havana in 2009 with a bachelor’s Gold ;
master’s degree International Relations Institute of International Relations ” González Raúl Roa ” (ISRI ) of the 2011 edition.
In This moment he is Fellow Researcher in Center for Latin American and Latino Studies in American Universiti, Washington DC.
He holds several graduate degrees in the Master of Contemporary History and International Relations at the Faculty of Philosophy and History at the University of Havana. He has also completed several graduate courses in the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Communication and the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO), University of Havana.
He has a diploma course on “Introduction to American law, the legal institutions of the United States and the common law tradition ,” organized by the National Union of Jurists of Cuba , the Faculty of Law of the University of Havana and the University of Pennsylvania.
He has published several articles and essays in the field of international relations on security issues, illicit drug trafficking and related crimes related to foreign and security policy of the United States to Latin America and the Caribbean. He specializes in security issues, international relations and development cooperation.
He also holds a Diploma in Digital Journalism organized by the International Institute of Journalism José Martí and the School of Journalism at the University of Havana.
He is also a specialist in bilateral relations between Cuba and the United States particularly in the subject of security.
Was researcher at the Center for the Study of America ( CEA) from 2009 to 2010 ,
He worked in the Research Center for International Policy (CIPI), since 2010. Integra since 2011 the Research Group of the United States Institution, coordinated by Dr. Soraya Castro Mariño.
He is a member of the Cuban United Nations Association (ACNU) since 2005 and the National Union of Historians of Cuba (UNIHC) since 2011.
Name: Alejandro L. Perdomo Aguilera
Date of birth: 10/12/1985
Place of birth: Cuba
Country of Citizenship: Cuba
Researcher, Research Center for International Policy (CIPI) 2010-2014
Ave 3ra, No. 1805, E / 18 y 20, Miramar, Playa, CP 11300, La Habana, Cuba
Member of project research team: “Trends and projections of socio-economic, political and ideological processes of the United States of America in the second decade of the XXI century: Paper, influence and manifestations in the process of shaping policy towards Cuba. “Limits, weaknesses or vulnerabilities, threats, strengths and opportunities to advance the objectives of Cuban foreign policy towards the United States of America,” under the scientific direction of Dr. Soraya Castro Mariño.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The U.S. drug policy toward Latin America and the Caribbean
- United States security and foreign policy towards Latin American and the Caribbean. Implications for Cuba.
- Bilateral relations between Cuba and the U.S. on the subject of security. Possibilities and challenges of bilateral cooperation in the fight against transnational organized crime and illicit flows.
Industry: Social Research
Between 2010 and 2011, member and coordinator of the research group on drug trafficking as a threat to international peace and security.
Investigator responsible for drafting the annual international scenarios on global problems, illicit drug trafficking, related crimes, and development problems.
Researcher, Center for American Studies (CEA) 2009-2010
Calle 18, No. 316, E / 3rd and 5th, Miramar, Playa, CP 11300, Havana, Cuba
Member or the research project “Political and diplomatic dynamics between the U.S. and the Americas,” under the scientific direction of researchers María Lourdes Regueiro Bello and Juan A. Cordero.
Main activities and responsibilities: Researcher of ” Political and diplomatic dynamics between the U.S. and the Americas.”
EDUCATION AND TRAINING / Education
University of Havana 2004-2009
Degree in History, Faculty of Philosophy and History, Golden Title
Colina Universitaria, San Lazaro and L, Vedado, Town Plaza, CP 10400, Havana, Cuba.
Thesis: The opposition to the military dictatorship of Marcos Perez Jimenez in Venezuela (1948-1958). Advisor: Dr. Eurydice González Navarrete, Professor and Researcher at the University of Havana
Postgraduate courses in the Master of Contemporary History and Relationships 2009-present
International University of Havana
- Inter-American Relations, taught by Dr. Jorge Hernández, director of the Center for Hemispheric and United States (CEHSEU) in 2010.
- The American political system and the process of shaping its foreign policy, given by Dr. Soraya Castro, in 2010.
- Politics and Power, taught by Dr. Jorge L. Acanda, October-December 2009.
Center for American Studies (CEA)
- Current political dynamics in the Andean region, November and December 2009.
- Instruments and keys to y U.S. hegemon domination system on Latin America. 26 March and 21 May 2010, 80 hours class.
Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSSO)
- Regional Course for Latin American Policy, September to November 2010.
- Current political dynamics and the Andean region, from 28 October to 2 December 2009, valid for 2 credits.
Research Center for International Policy (CIPI): Postgraduate courses
- Latin America: From change and conservative restoration, from 22 to 26 November 2010.
- “Research Methodology” by Dr. Rosa Bell Heredia, Professor, Faculty of Economics, UH , 2012.
- “Foresight as a methodology for scenario development” by Prof. Dr. Pedro Alvarez, ISRI.
- “The security and defense. Strategic Foresight,” in coordination with the National Defense College.
Institute of International Relations (ISRI)
- “Workshop regarding scenario building ” by specialists of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation in Germany, held at the ISRI .
- Venezuela: rupture and continuity in the historical evolution of the twentieth century or XX Venezuelan and its debut in XXI, led by Prof. Dr. Elio Fidel Lopez.
- “Research Methodology ” by Dr. Rosa D Bell Heredia, Professor, Faculty of Economics, UH , held at the Research Centre for International Policy ( CIPI )
- Two cycles of graduate courses on “Foresight as a methodology for scenario development,” by Pedro Alvarez d Professor , ISRI ; d taught at the Center for International Policy Research ( CIPI )
- “Workshop on scenario building” by specialists and the Friedrich Ebert , Germany , held at the ISRI Foundation.
CoursesEnglish Language at ISRI
English language course at the School of the Ministry of Foreign Trade of Cuba (MINCEX)
Regular course of English language
Masters Candidate in International Relations, 2011 edition of the Institute of International Relations “Raúl Roa García” (ISRI) / (Higher Institute of International Relations at Havana) Havana, Cuba.
ISRI: Calle Calzada, No. 308, E/ H e I, Vedado, Municipio Plaza, CP 10 400, La Habana, Cuba.
Telf.: (537) 831 9495
- Thesis: “The war on drugs in foreign and U.S. security policy in our America.” Pending a defense in May 2014.
Completed the set of required and elective courses that complete theMasters in International Relations program, Foreign Policy Statement ISRI, 2011 edition, with the following postgraduate courses:
- Research Methodology of the Social Sciences, Prof. Dr. C. Capote Ileana Padron
- Political Science, Prof. Dr. C. Ileana Padron Capote.
- Political Theory of International Relations, Prof. Dr. C. Manuel Carbonell
- Economic Theory, Prof. Dr. Ernesto Molina Molina C
- Public International Law, Prof. Dr. Celeste C. Pino
- International Political Economy, Prof. Dr. Jorge Casals Llano
- Models of Integration, Prof. Dr. Jorge Casals and Dr. Zoila González as Maica
- Contemporary Global Issues, Prof. Dr. C. Maria Elena Alvarez and Dr. Jorge Casals
- Cuban Political System, Prof. Dr. C. Thalia Fung Riverón
- Cuban Economy, Prof. Dr. Juan TrianaCordoví
- Cuba in International Relations, Prof. Lic (Ambassador) Isabel Allende Karam (rector of ISRI)
- Contemporary International Politics, Prof. Dr. C. Manuel Carbonell
- Ethno-political conflict and International Relations, Prof., Dr. Juan C. Sanchez Monroe
- Continuity and Change in Inter-American Relations, Prof., Dr. Luis Suárez Salazar
- Government System and U.S. Foreign Policy, Prof. Dr. C. Néstor García Iturbe.
As a consubstantial part to the credits necessary to present the final exercise for the academic title of Master in International Relations, has published several articles and essays on Cuban and foreign magazines as well as book chapters. He has also perfected the use and management of qualitative research techniques within the social research methodology for themes about international relations related to their field of study according to the selected topic for the master’s thesis dealing with the war on drugs in the process of shaping foreign policy and security of the United States to Latin America and the Caribbean, advisor: Dr. C. Luis Suárez Salazar, Professor, ISRI and the Faculty of Philosophy and History at the University of Havana.
- (2013) “U.S. national power and antinarcotics diplomacy in Latin America” PP -. Journal of Our America, Vol XXIV / No 46. January / June, 2013, Havana, Cuba
- (2013) “Cuba-US: the politicization of drug control or cooperation among equals.” In: : http://w http://www.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/cuba-estados-unidos-pollitizacion-de-la-lucha-antidroga-ocooperacio on-entre-iguales
- (2013) “U.S. security and foreign policy towards our America. Mexico as a case study.” In: http://w http://www.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/la-politica-exterior-y-de-sseguridad-de-eua-hacia-nuestraamerica-mexico-como-caso-de-estudio
- (2013) “Foreign policy in the first 100 days of President Obama2.0. President of change?” In: http://w http://www.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/la-politica-exterior-en-los–primeros-100-dias-de-obama-20presidente e-del-cambio
- (2013) “Perspectives of American diplomacy in Obama’s second term (2013-2017).”
In: http://www.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/perspectivas-dde-la-diplomacia-estadounidense-enel-segundo o-mandato-de-obama-2013-2017
- (2013 ) “The U.S, and the institutionalization of ‘a new Pan-American order’ in our America.” In: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/eeuu-y-la-institucionalización n-de-un-nuevo-orden-panamericanoen-nuestra a-america
- (2013 ) “Race, history and identity in Cuba: Historical-Social Constraints for approval of the Royal Decree ofOctober 21, 1817.”In: http://www.iga adi.org/web/analiseopinion/razahistoria-e-iidentidad-en-cuba-condicionantes-historico-sociales-para-laa-aprobacion-de-la-real-cedula-del21
- (2013 )“U.S. national power and antinarcotics diplomacy in Latin America.” Themes of World Economics, Special Issue, (I). L Havana: ICES. Pp. 91-112 .ISSN 1997-4183 3. Available at: http://www w.ciem.cu/publicaciones/pub/Temas%20Edici%F3n%20Esp pecial%20J%F3venes%20ParteI%2 02013.pdf
- (2012) “The Latin American panorama for U.S. foreign policy.”Available at: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/el-panorama-latinoamericanoo-para-la-politica-exterior-de-eeuu
- (2012)“Obama’s reelection.”In: http://www.igadi.org/w web/analiseopinion/la-reelección-deobama
- (2012) “The presidential elections and U.S. foreign policy.”Available at: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/las-elecciones-presidencialess-y-la-politica-exterior-de-eeuu
- (2012)“Antinarcotics diplomacy: U.S.strategyof domination in Latin America.” In: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/la-diplomacia-contra-las-drog gas-estrategia-de-dominación-delos-EE.UU.-en-Latinoamérica
- (2012) Tax havens, money laundering and drugs in the ‘new American world.’ Available at: http://www w.rebelion.org/noticias/2012/4/148368.pdf
- (2012) “Narco-economy: the impact of illicit drug trafficking.” Subject as World Economy Special Edition, (II). Havana: ICES .pp . 90-110 ISSN 1997-4183. Available at: http://www w.ciem.cu / publications / pub / Themes 20Edici % F3n % % special % 20J % 20ESP F3venes % 202011.pdf
- (2012) “The new governance in the EU to the letter.Whataboutdemocracy?”Available at: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/la-nueva-gobernanza-de-la-uue-a-la-carta-y-la-democracia
- (2012) “Social networks and the dilemma of hegemony and counter hegemony between the U.S. and Latin America.”In: http://www.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion n/las-redes-sociales-en-el-dilema-dela-hegemonia-y-la-contra-hegemonia-entre-los-eeuu-y-latinoamerica
- (2012) “The Republican Convention: Democracy or Reality Show?” In: http: //www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/la-convencion-republicana-ddemocracia-o-reality-show
- (2012) “Obama vs Romney and the intricacies of formal democracy” Available at: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/obama-vs-romney-y-los-intrinngulis-de-la-democracia-formal
- (2012) “The uniqueness of Cuban migration to the U.S.” Available at http://www w.rebelion.org/noticia.php?id=159550
- (2012) “The so-called “contractors” in the war against drugs.” Available at : http://www w.rebelion.org/noticia.php?id=158383
- (2012)“Reflections on the instruments of national power of the U.S.” Available at: http://www w.igadi.org/web/analiseopinion/reflexiones-sobre-los-instrummentos-del-poderio-nacional-de-loseeuu
Research Projects 2011-present
Participation in the development of CIPI research project: “Trends and projection of socio-economic, political and ideological processes of the United States of America in the second decade of the XXI century: Paper, influence and manifestations in the process or shaping policy toward Cuba. Limits, weaknesses or vulnerabilities, threats, strengths and opportunities for advancing the goals of Cuban foreign policy towards the United States of America.” Directed by Dr. Soraya Castro Mariño.
Between 2011 and 2012 I worked on the following projects:
- Title: “Latin American Political Map, economic, political and social factors determining the evolution of the political scene until 2020. Implications for Cuba.” Scientific Leaders: Lourdes M. Regueiro and Juan A. Cordero. The central objective of my research was to analyze the impact of illicit drug trafficking and its socio-political and economic implications. Role of the armed forces, police or others in the fight against drugs, particularly private utilities and defense. The Merida Initiative, as an instrument of U.S. domination .
- Title: ” Centers of thought, media and social networking sites globally : Mechanisms system of ideological domination of the Central Powers . Scientific leader : Lourdes Regueiro Bello and Rhenium Diaz Triana.
- Research objectives: Analyzing social networks as an instrument of ideological domination by the Central Powers in 2020.
- Rate the rebellious potential of social networks on the Internet.
- Title: “Trends and prospects of the main issues on the global agenda in the framework of the United Nations: future threats and opportunities,” in which I participated in the development of the first chapter entitled “Impact of illicit drug trafficking.” The central object of investigation was to assess the impact of illicit drug trafficking in Latin America and Africa, the Balkans and countries of the post- Soviet space.
- Research title: “Political and Diplomatic dynamics U.S. to the Americas.”
Meetings, Conferences, Workshops and Keynote presentations:
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the XII Cuba Workshop rapporteur in the foreign policy of the United States of America: “Forecasts , trends and perspectives of Cuba -US relations on security issues and the greater mutual interest.” Lecture: “The war on drugs and related crimes in the sights of the bilateral cooperation between Cuba and the U.S.” CIPI . 16 to 17 December 2013.
- I Strategic Studies Conference with the paper, 16 and 17 October 2013, with the paper – article: “The United States’ “war on drugs” towards our America in the second Obama administration (2013-2017)”
- V Young Researchers Event CIEM, October 30 and 31, 2013, with the paper – article: “Drug trafficking in the imperial geo-strategy “
- February 13, 2013: written and oral on presentation on the methodological basis of preparation Scenario: Team USA by Soraya Castro Mariño
- March 15, 2013: CIPI Workshop: The EU as a global actor. CIPI. Participant.
- April 11, 2013. Submission of written report on the diagnosis and assessment of current trends in domestic U.S. politics by staff and external collaborators.
- The international military potential and strategic projection of its military presence: Case Study of Latin America. Limits, weaknesses or vulnerabilities, threats, strengths and opportunities for Cuban foreign policy towards the United States of America.
- The U.S. Anti-Drug Policy in Latin America rapporteur Alejandro Aguilera L. Perdomo
- September 25, 2013 Workshop “Correlations of political forces in Latin America and the Caribbean”, CIPI. Participant.
- April 2012, Professor of Course: Thinking Centers, new media and information technologies, CIPI, 45 days, postgraduate
- Workshop: “Transatlantic relations in times of crisis. New risks to global stability “, Cuba, 17 February 2012 , representative
- Scientific session. Panel: “Social networks as an instrument of domination system”, 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. January 13, 2012, Reporter
- Workshop: “From the Atlantic to the Pacific. Shifts in the axes of power “, Cuba, April 19, 2012, Chief
- December 2011, Professor of the course “Our America before the challenges of domination: think tanks, media communication and new information technologies ” CIPI , 7 days, graduate
- Young Researchers Event organized by ICES , Cuba , 2011: Lecture: “The economic impact or of drug trafficking in Latin America “
- X Conference of American Studies, Cuba, 2011 Presentation: Latin America between drug trafficking and domination.
- IX Conference of American Studies, Cuba, 2010, Speaker: “Drug trafficking in the geopolitical projection of the United States in Mexico and Central America through the Merida Initiative.”
- XI Scientific Workshop “International Scenarios for 2011-2013 Cuba Foreign Policy” at the ISRI , Cuba , November 2010, author and collective participant
- Workshop on “Latin America in dispute: hegemonic projects vs national sovereignty”, the CIPI – ISRI, conducted and in Marti Studies Center, Cuba, on November 16, 2010. Delegate
- Workshop “Latin America and the Caribbean in the policy of the United States,” held at the Center for American Studies (CEA). Cuba, on May 28, 2010, delegate
- Workshop “Caribbean – Latin America Relations: Realities and Prospects”, Cuba, held April 21, 2010 in the CEA . delegate
- First Seminar “Che Guevara: Revolutionary thought and creation, Cuba, held during 14-16 June 6, 2010, delegate.
- Scientific Workshop XII C “Scenarios 2012-2016 International Policy Cuba September 2011, delegate.
- Workshop “Implications for global safety of new military concepts of the United States of America and Cuba”, 2011, delegate
- Workshop “Cuba in the foreign policy of the United States of America” , Cuba , 2011 , Chief
- Workshop “Latin America and the Caribbean: system of domination and natural resources ” Cuba, 2011, delegate
- Workshop “Implications for global safety of new military concepts of the United States of America and Cuba”, 2011, delegate
- Workshop “Cuba in the foreign policy of the United States of America” , Cuba , 2011 , delegate
- Workshop “BRICS in the global geostrategic” Cuba, 2011, delegate
- Conference “Cuba’s Foreign Policy ” , Isabel Allende , Rector of ISSRI, Cuba , 2011 , delegate
- Conference “International Politics and International Relations” , Isabel Allende , Rector of ISRI and Dr. Manuel Carbonell , Professor, ISRI , Cuba , 2011, delegate
- Conference “Power and hegemony,” Dr. Ana Esther Ceceña , Latin American Observatory of Geopolitics, Cuba 2011 , delegate
- Conference “Russia today” Leonid Savin, Russian academic. Cuba , 2011 , delegate
- Conference “Implications of the global financial crisis on the international contemporary economic theory. Dr. Jorge Iván González , Professor at the National University of Colombia , Cuba , 2011 , delegate
- Conference “The financial crisis and fiscal integration in Europe,” Dr. Berthold U. Wigger, Professor of Economics at the University of Karlsruhe, invited by the Hanns Seidel Foundation. Cuba , 2011 , delegate
- Conference “International policy think tanks and Cuba,” 2011, delegate
- Conference ” Typology of political forces”, Cuba, 2011, delegate
- Event ISRI 2012 Cuba , from April 26 to 28, rapporteur, “Social networks in the dilemma of hegemony and counter-hegemony between the U.S. and Latin America”
- Presented at the Ninth Conference of American Studies in November 2010 a paper entitled: “Drug trafficking in the geopolitical projection of the United States in Mexico and Central America through the Merida Initiative.”
- Workshop “Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela 2012. Weaknesses, threats, strengths and opportunities,”held at the Center and Information Studies defense, Cuba , October 21, 2009 . delegate
- VIII Conference of American Studies, Cuba , 2009, delegate
Other skills: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Good communication skills acquired during my experience as a student assistant at the University of Havana. Also taught when he attended the Bachelor degree in History and at campuses in Havana.
After graduation he taught in different graduate courses at the Center for American Studies, the Research Center for International Policy, the Marti Studies Center at the Institute for International Relations ( ISRI ) and the University of Havana.
As a student, he developed effective organizational skills acquired in the organization of scientific conferences and forums of History at the University of Havana where I was head of the History Commission and the University Student Federation of the University of Havana.
As work, he has been part of the Organizing Committee of the Conference of American Studies in their last four editions. He has been the Workshop Organizing Committee Cuba – United States in its last two editions, as part of its work in the research center.
He was part of the organizing committee of the 1st Conference of Strategic Studies held in Havana from October 16 to 18, 2013 at the Hotel Riviera, and the International Workshop Cuba – United States, held between December 16 and 17, 2013, at ISRI.
He was responsible for the research: “Drug trafficking as a threat to international peace and security”
Good ability to read and find specialized information. Speed of writing reports, articles, papers, essays and research. Fluency in academic exchange, both in lectures, presentations, and research groups.
Ability to organize workshops and encourage academic debate and controversy over research topics learned in systematic brainstorming that has been involved in different participating research groups, with the assistance of experts from diverse backgrounds.
Good command of Microsoft Office™ programs and programs for Windows 7 and 8, Microsoft Office ™ 2010 and 2013, and use of Information Technologies and Communications (ICT) and social networking. These skills developed in the Diploma of Journalism Hypermedia School of Journalism and Social Communication of the University of Havana.
These skills were necessary for her development of research in the CIPI was part entitled “Thoughts Centers, Media and Social Networks as mechanisms of ideological domination ” where he was responsible for the chapters on social networking sites.”
Teaching at undergraduate, graduate and specialized conferences: History and bilateral relations between Cuba and the U.S. Cuban reality , theory of international relations and history and prospects of inter-American relations.
Has knowledge of design methodology and strategic scenarios baking. From different design of future tools and prospective courses. This has applied in the preparation of annual scenarios Cuban foreign policy between 2009 and 2014.
Alejandro L. Perdomo Aguilera (1985). Licenciado en Historia por la Universidad de La Habana, en 2009; realizó su Maestría de Relaciones Internacionales del Instituto de Relaciones Internacionales de Cuba. Investigador del Centro de Investigaciones de Política Internacional de Cuba y se desempeña como Fellow Researcher del Center for Latin American and Latino Studies en American University, y en Washington Office on Latin American (WOLA). Tiene un diplomado sobre “Introducción al Derecho Estadounidense, y la tradición del Common Law y otro de Periodismo Digital por la Universidad de La Habana. Ha publicado varios artículos y ensayos en libros y revistas de la esfera de las relaciones Internacionales sobre temas de seguridad, la política exterior de Estados Unidos hacia las Américas y sobre las relaciones entre Cuba y Estados Unidos.